Dr. Thomas R. Horn
Long time television and radio personality, author of dozens of best-selling books and publisher of many others, Thomas Horn, serves as the Chief Executive Officer of SkyWatchTV. At the dawn of the Internet, Horn launched two news services where coverage of latest-breaking news and information on cutting-edge stories covering religion, prophecy, discovery, and the supernatural through in-depth investigative reports led to his network of writers being referenced and interviewed by the biggest names in broadcasting, including: LA Times Syndicate, ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, FOX, Time, the New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, Miami Herald, BBC, MSNBC, Michael Savage, SciFi Channel, History Channel, Hannity & Colmes, Sid Roth’s “It’s Supernatural”, The Jim Bakker Show, Celebration Daystar TV, FaithTV, The Harvest Show, The 700 Club, Coast to Coast AM, WorldNetDaily, NewsMax.com, White House Correspondents, and dozens of other newsmagazines and press agencies around the globe. SkyWatchTV is the consummation and new “mothership” of Tom’s several subsidiaries including Defender Films and Defender Publishing.
Derek Gilbert’s broadcasting career dates back to 1980 in Galesburg, Illinois, and included stops in Peoria, Little Rock, Saint Louis, and Philadelphia. With the advent of the Internet, he began producing and hosting the web radio programs A View From the Bunker and P.I.D. Radio, which he co-hosts with his wife, author and analyst Sharon K. Gilbert — also a member of the SkyWatchTV team.
Derek and Sharon co-host SciFriday on SkyWatchTV, a weekly look at science and technology news through a Christian lens.
He’s authored the novels The God Conspiracy and Iron Dragons, and he is a contributing author to God’s Ghostbusters, Blood on the Altar, I Predict, and When Once We Were a Nation. He’s a lifelong Chicago Cubs fan, prefers glasses to contacts, and sings the high part in gospel and barbershop quartets.
Derek has always been fascinated by the way things work. It was evidence for the authenticity of the New Testament documents that awakened him to the spiritual battle raging around us. It is this battle that inspires him.
Sharon K. Gilbert
Science, writing, opera, and geopolitics are just a few of the many ‘hats’ worn by Sharon Gilbert. Author of The Laodicea Chronicles, a novelized look at the spiritual battle as well as contributor to several Tom Horn compilations including Blood on the Altar and God’s Ghostbusters, Sharon recently published her first solo non-fiction work, Ebola and the Fourth Horseman of the Apocalypse.
Gilbert is married to SkyWatchTV news anchor Derek P. Gilbert, and the two have shared their talents and insights for over a decade with their own Christian podcast. In addition to co-hosting SciFriday with Derek each week, Sharon will host the upcoming all-women talk program, SkyWatch Women, planned to begin production this summer.
Sharon’s been following and studying Bible prophecy for over fifty years, and she often says that she’s only scratched the surface. When not immersed in Bible study, a writing project, or scouring the Internet for the latest science news, you can usually find Sharon relaxing in her garden with the Gilberts’ faithful hound, Sam T. Dachshund. Look for Sam to show up as a guest on one of Sharon’s shows!
Donna Howell is managing editor of Defender Publishing, ghostwriter, and Tom Horn’s personal assistant. As former managing editor (and later CEO) of Anomalos Publishing, Donna brings a long list of qualifications to her current position as production manager and writer/researcher for Defender Publishing.
Her latest publication is as co-author of the book Redeemed Unredeemable (2015), a book she and Dr. Horn co-authored (Donna was the chief researcher for this title).
MORE STAFF IMAGES / BIOS COMING SOON
- That the Bible is the literal, divinely-inspired and complete Word of God
- In one God, creator of all things, eternally existing in three Persons.
- That Jesus Christ was and is true God and true man.
- That Jesus Christ was born of the virgin Mary by the action of God’s Holy Spirit.
- That God, through the ministry of the Holy Spirit, is active in the world today, convicting and regenerating man, to the glory of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- That the true church is comprised of all such persons who have been regenerated (born again).
- That man was created in the image of God, but fell into sin, and requires a redeemer.
- That the shed blood of Jesus Christ provides the only means of salvation.
- In the imminent second coming of Jesus Christ.
- In the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ and the bodily resurrection of those who die in Him.
- That water baptism and the Lord’s Supper are ordinances to be observed.
- That Jesus Christ is the head of the local church.